Sunday, 8 November 2015

Belle of the Ball

Hello Everyone!

I am once again procrastination away from revision to write another blog post! I have an exam tomorrow morning, I should be worried but I'm not (oops).
If you follow me on instagram, you will know that I upload a LOT of photos of Belle, my four year old boxer dog. A lot of people think that a dog is just a dog, but to me she is family. 
Before I was 18, my mother asked me what I wanted for my birthday, at first I really wanted a huge party at a nightclub, with a massive cake and enough alcohol to drown Wales. But after a while, seeing how my mum bonded with our older Boxer KO (R.I.P Big bear) I really wanted a bond like them, so I asked my parents if it was possible to get a puppy. They thought about it for a while, but eventually they said yes, YAY I am getting a puppy...But what puppy do I want? I used to have 2 Staffordshire Bull Terriers, but my mum said that after the last two we wouldn't have another because they were loved so much that they could never be replaced...understandable.
Then I was thinking of a pug, but I really wanted a medium to large sized dog! I am not a little dog person at all! 

My boyfriend at the time had a friend who's grandparents bred boxer puppies....of course! Why I didn't think of having another boxer is just beyond me! But I eventually said to my mother that I wanted a white boxer puppy, and she agreed. We went to meet the puppies and I was so excited I almost threw up! There were five white boxer puppies and one little one called Patsy caught my eye, she had a little black patch on her ear and eye and she was beautiful, but even though I really wanted her, I didn't feel an immediate bond that my mother said she felt when choosing KO, I didn't know what was wrong, but I wasn't super excited to bring her home, I found it strange.

Once I had picked my white puppy, my mother had asked if she could see the other puppies, the man agreed and brought in six red and white boxer puppies and they were beautiful! But there was one puppy that I couldn't take my eyes off, her name was rosie, she was all red with a little white face, a white tip on her tail and a tiny little white tip on her tail, she wiggled over to me and started biting my shoe, so I picked her up, I had her at eye level, and she just stared at me. At that moment my belly went all funny and I started crying (Don't ask me why) But the man walked over to me and said "If you cry over a puppy, that puppy should be going home with you". 

so she did! I renamed her Belle (Pedigree name being Belle of the Ball) and ever since we have been inseparable, she has helped me with my anxiety and helped me over come the panic attacks loads of times, she is big and beautiful, goofy and sweet and I wouldn't change her for the world. For all of the people who say "It's just a dog" has obviously never felt the love of something that loves you more than it loves itself! 

So here a few photos of me and Bing Bong! I'm sorry this was such a soppy post over a dog, but I felt that since she is such an important person in my life, she deserves a mention! 



  





This photo is of Belle and KO, he unfortunately passed away two months ago and I will never forget the amazing 10 years I had him! Love you big bear!

Little Ren xxx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've always loved dogs! All different sizes! We had a pit, but he ran away:( now, we have a chihuahua mix! And let me tell you! She's a Lil over a year old, and is still 24/7! All day long! But your dog, is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have grown up with dogs, so I have always had a soft spot for them, especially big dogs! Oh no! I hope they ended up with someone who loves them! I know how you feel, Belle is 4 years old and is still like a puppy!

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig