Tuesday, 3 November 2015

I had the ultimate chop!

Hello everyone! Sorry this is a late post but today has just been super busy but I have finally found the time to do it!
Anyway how have you all been? Good! 
Some of you may know that I had super long hair down to my bum. When I was 9 I had a bob cut, and I hated it, so my mum agreed to let me grow it out...and it kept growing! It has been growing ever since that day so 13 years later you can imagine how long it was! I will give you a example! 
(This is how long my hair was, in a ponytail on top of my head!!!)
I got to a point where it was so long and so thick, that it was just IMPOSSIBLE to maintain it! washing, brushing, drying and straightening, took hours on end and I could never style it! If I straightened it, it would go wavy, if I curled it, they would falls straight! I tried putting it into a bun, it would fall out because it was so heavy, and if I left it down it would just get in the way, and SHED! TERRIBLY! 
So one night I just couldn't get the tangles out of my hair when I started crying, I just wanted to chop it all off, when I thought...Well? Why don't I?? I started looking for short hairstyles and mid length hair styles and the thought of losing my hair was turning my stomach no matter how much I hated it, I was still attached. Until I saw a post on instagram,..A 6 year old girl had cut her hair and donated it to a Charity called "The Little Princess Trust" I found out that they make real hair wigs for children who have lost their hair through diseases such as cancer. right there and then I decided, I had to do this!

So I decided to do it and....

12 inches gone from my head! I must admit I did cry (a lot) but I knew deep down that I was doing a good thing for an amazing charity. And actually I love my new hair! 
It is a lot shorter than I am used to but I have fallen in love with this new style! And I have a lot of happiness being able to help a little girl get a wig. I have also managed to raise at least £120 for the charity and I will continue to help charities in the future! Most of my donations have come from sponsors offline but people can also donate online! If you wanted to donate online then you can do that HERE.

So that is just a brief update on what I have been up to! If you wanted to know more about the charity then you can do that here. Have any of you donated to charities? If so what fundraising activities did you do? I would love to know which charities you are all passionate about! Let me know in the comments :)

Little Ren xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig