Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Self improvement & Self worth

Hello beautiful people!

Being away from my blog for a while has made me realise that the human mind is a wonderful, yet confusing thing. How is it that something can decide how we feel about ourselves that day? The struggles to find some sort of self appreciation and self love these days proves so difficult. 

I have noticed that my mind controls me, no matter how much I will myself to be happy with my life overall my mind tells me that you can't be happy, because you didn't lose that extra lbs you said you needed off, or that my make up looks terrible so I may as well not wear any! 
I used to think over and over again "Why me"? Why do I hate myself so much when other people around me seem to be blessed with happiness? The one day in my counselling session it basically hit me like a brick...

NO ONE CAN MAKE ME LOVE MYSELF EXCEPT ME!

Why was I waiting around for people to tell me I'm worth something if I just disregard their compliments anyway? The only person in my life that can make a difference and help me, is me. I needed to prove to myself that I am worth people here, that actually my blog is really good, and my make up is fabulous! And that it's okay I didn't lose that extra lbs for the day I set I just need to give myself more time. 

What was the first thing I did when my attitude change? Cried and drank tea while writing down the things I love and hate about myself. And that's okay. It's okay to cry, it's okay to not think of yourself as perfect, I have a secret for you.. no one is perfect. Everyone has their flaws, and that's what makes us unique. Crying doesn't make you weak, it makes you stronger, yes you, you strong beautiful human being reading this! The list did have a purpose, the things I love about myself I folded up and put them into a jar, the things I hate about myself I put them into a separate jar. When I'm feeling sad, I go to my love jar and pull out a reason, and it makes me smile, once I'm happy I go to my hate jar and pull out a reason, then I write down on paper how I can change that hate reason into a love reason. 
Recently I have done this, and it actually works for me! Here'show I did it. 

My love reason: I love my eyes

My hate reason: I hate that my belly jiggles 

I then wrote down in my small diary a tummy exercise routine for 4 days out of the week, and on the back of that hate reason I wrote "WORKING ON IT" It's been a week now and I am slowly losing weight and my belly area is getting more toned. 

There are so many ways in which we can learn to start appreciating who we are, that just because we don't look like that girl off the magazine cover doesn't mean we aren't beautiful...Those girls are photo shopped to hell anyway! That voice telling you that you your not lovable, drown him out with your favourite music and dance like an idiot in your bedroom. You are the boss of you not him, he isn't worth listening to!

I am looking more and more healthy every day and actually enjoying myself! Here are a few other things I did to get myself smiling!

1. Waking up before 9am (I feel less tired and more alert)

2. Always eating a healthy breakfast 

3. Walk for at least 30 mins a day (Fresh air really helps)

4. I have started drinking more water, it keeps me hydrated and my skin glows again!

5. Making my own smoothies and juices! There are so many benefits from this and they are super yummy!

6. Reading my friends blog posts. They always make me smile and I will always support them no matter how down I am feeling


So that concludes my post on self improvement and self worth. Make sure you care for your mental health as well as your physical health, you need both to be able to truly feel happy!
I feel very strongly about the whole self love, mainly because going through EDNOS and being in a place where I had no control and physically hated my body has really hit home how destructive our minds can be. Please if anyone out there is having problems I will pop my email below, do not hesitate to email me and we can chat. As I have learnt friendship is a huge part of recovery!

Love you all x

littleren2125@gmail.com




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. such a lovely blog post- it's so important to work on yourself and the positives not just the negatives! i am a big juice fan
    jen from www.abalancedbelly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have only recently been juicing but I have found it really makes me feel more bright and alert! Need some new recipes haha!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig