Wednesday, 16 November 2016

Vegan transition??

Hello everyone!

Is anyone else getting super excited for Christmas? EEEEEEE!


Today I wanted to talk about my decision to adopt a vegan lifestyle.

(Don't worry I am not going to shove my opinion down your throat - I am simply just telling my story)


Now for a VERY LOOOOOONG time I have been vegetarian and have always thought that it was enough for me to help the planet and contribute towards the saving the animals. There has always been some part of me that wanted to go vegan but, I wasn't very educated and didn't really know what I was doing so I just stayed in my comfort zone of being vegetarian.
Recently I have been watching 'what I eat in a day' videos and I came across a channel belonging to someone called 'Kate Flowers' and began browsing her videos. She is in fact a Raw vegan so if anyone is interested definitely check out her channel, I will link her name for you.

Anyway she suggested that if anyone is considering going vegan to watch 3 documentaries:

1) forks over knives - About how a plant based diet can considerably make you healthier
2) Cowspiracy - About how animal agriculture is the number one contributor to the worlds problems
3)Earthlings - About having compassion for the animals (Upsetting footage).

Me being bored decided to watch the above documentaries in one night and I was so interested I managed to find facts, statistics and did my own research on animal agriculture and found out some disturbing information that upset me quite a bit. The fact that 91% of deforestation is caused by animal agriculture was deeply unsettling, and I found it hard to believe that I have been told all these years that if I recycle I will help the planet and such - When in fact it isn't really making a difference.

After researching I found a youtube clip of a man named 'Gary Yourofsky' who is an animal rights activist and has in fact been banned from many countries because of his protests. However - after watching a speech he gave about why we should be vegan I instantly changed my whole perception of the world and decided that night that I was going to adopt a 100% vegan lifestyle.

It has only been 4 days of me being vegan but I can already see a change happening within myself, I have more energy and I feel like I am a lot happier within myself.
This is just a short summary of how I transitioned from vegetarian to vegan but I will post an update on some of the facts I learned while researching - again I am not going to be one of those vegans who force my opinions at you or slap a burger out of your hand but I do believe that now I have the info I missed I can share it with people who are willing to read.

Renee x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig